Rapid implementation strategies and systems for Entrepreneurs
Entrepreneurship Dashboard > The State of Entrepreneurship
GET YOUR BUSINESS OFF TO A GREAT START…OR KEEP IT MOVING FORWARD
Michael Gerber: The State of Entrepreneurship
Michael Gerber, author of the E-Myth series, honored us by dropping in to deliver a rousing rant on the State of Entrepreneurship.
Michael Gerber and John Carlton are joined on stage by Mark Brown (the guy behind the “What Happens in Vegas, Stays in Vegas” campaign).
This is 30 minutes you don’t want to miss.
2:31 Entrepreneurship is in a dismal state because it is stuck. The ree very few true entrepreneurs on Earth.
People are stuck in an old paradigm.
6:05 There is a light at the end of the tunnel but you need to be open to it. Everyone has an entrepreneur inside.
7:56 We are born to create, but what are we creating? New entrepreneurial enterprises are being built on meaning rather than profits.
9:45 What is your destiny?
11:00 He is co-authoring books with entrepreneurs in many professions that have applied the E-myth to grow their businesses.
12:00 He talks about his “dreaming rooms” and how they help entrepreneurs.
14:12 Dreaming Room concepts:
4 personalities of the true entrepreneur
- Dreamer: you have to have a dream. The dream is the great result. His dream was to transform business worldwide.
- Thinker: Has a vision of the business model that makes it possible to bring the dream alive. His model was a “McDonalds of small business consulting”
- Story Teller: Stories need the dream and vidion. The storyteller is critical.
- Leader: Makes everything happen. Puts everything into action.
Dreaming room takes you through the process of Dream, vision, story
18:45 Most profound question…what is missing in this picture?
Emyth Revisited. Read the introductory quotes for each chapter.
Emyth: The entrepreneur is a technician that creates a business that provides the service they know how to provide. This is not the right reason to start a business.
Example: Ray Kroc didn’t make hamburgers. He worked on the business, not in the business.
26:50 Entrepreneurship is a continual cycle of innovation, Quatification and orchestration. Always trying to find a better way. And delivering meaning to everyone you touch.
- He talks about a 20-minute video on his site, which is not there any more but he has a webinar here: http://go.emyth.com/emyth-masterclass You can watch that to learn the 7 steps he teaches.
- If you have the Emyth Revisisted, read the intro quotes for each chapter.
- Think about your own business and how you can integrate his teaching.
One of the best ways to keep your head on straight and keep your business moving forward is to join a mastermind. You can get info on John and Stan’s mastermind here.